Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dear friends and family,

Have now finished most of the Chemo for this hospital round; hope to hear today about my bone marrow biopsy of last week to see if I'm still in remission and if we can proceed -- finally -- with the spinal chemo.  Will be a relief to get that behind me and to know that I have 2 full Chemo treatments completed and only 4 more to go in this first "incubation" stage (lasting approx. 6 months).   I made up my mind awhile ago to focus on what's been completed rather than what lies ahead! 

Things are going well so far today.  My blood counts are holding their own.  My pain is more tolerable....and we now have something that works for the nauseau. 

I'm feeling surprisingly upbeat today.   Maybe it's the cold grey weather (yep, as odd as it may seem, I love the coziness of a cold, grey day)....  Maybe there is a sense of Grace flowing into and through my inner being.  Whatever it is, I am keenly aware of it.  There's an unmistakable feeling that everything is going to be OK, that this illness has a HUGE purpose in my life and that all is exactly as it should be.   How wonderful it would be to be in this "knowing-ness" throughout life, to never let it dim or let doubt erode its power and presence!

Today I get to get off of the neutropenic diet again (meaning I can have fresh fruits and veggies).  I'll be having a salad for lunch.    It's amazing not to be able to each FRESH fruits and vegetables.   A real treat for today!

Feeling a little funky (nauseau) at the moment, so will sign out and may write more a bit later..... 

Love to each of you...  Heidi
 

5 comments:

  1. Namasté, Heidi.

    Seems you are building a strong foundation for continued improvement. Like the old quote about genius being 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration, you're will is laser-sharp and precise (and coming full-on with the heart).
    Great !!
    No post today, but I trust that this is because of fatigue OR because you are too overwhelmed with joy to see clearly through the tears.

    Light, Love & Blessings,
    Timananda

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear heidiji,

    sending you love, prayers & best wishes for this coming year!
    keep up your wonderful spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that you are feeling better. I was very worried for you the other day and it gives me joy today this 1st day of the New Year to hear that my dear friend Hedi has a new hope. I will hope with you and I am also looking forward to the end of this Journey you are on so that we can once again be free to explore and play together as God has created us to live and LOVE one other.

    Your Friend Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, cousin - great to hear from you once again. Yes - fresh fruits and veggies, what a treat for anyone! As for cool and grey weather, we've got that in surplus in Seattle, so when you're available, we'd love to have you visit! May this year be one of healing and renewal, one in which the love you're surrounded by lifts you up and over this cancer challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi!

    Have a Happy,Restorative,Rewarding,and Revalatory New Year! With colored pencil in hand,bring up your first image of 2011! What does it tell you?

    Sending you big soul sister Hugs! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete