Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dear Friends and Family,

Sorry for the lack of communication yesterday, I should have remembered how the effects of chemo are usually felt on the second day after treatment.  Yesterday, Monday, was a day of constant nauseau and extreme fatigue, brightened by a fun new male Vietnamese nurse named Vu who would banter with me, a visit with Peter's Sister who brought a beautiful scarf to cover my now 99% bald head.  The fun part of this is that I have no limits around how I can create myself.  My natural bohemian-bent is coming to the fore at the moment.  But who knows?  I may buy myself a platinum blonde wig.  The skies the limit!

Than Peter made his nightly visit to tuck me in.

Yesterday brought me into some deeper places of volunerability.  It took all my effort to turn the tide from discouragement and an existential type of loneliness.  I know in the healing progress that these types of moments will come up, sooner or later, and that they too need to be welcomed, not resisted.  It helped to let them be for awhile so I could discover and feel their presence and just what they were communicating.  More than anything I want to learn from this experience.  I found myself accepting my human side, let some tears flow and spent much of the day turning these feelings over to the Divine.  This eventually brought a feeling of release.

This is my 3rd week in this little hospital room (was moved twice because of my heart), but all the rooms are pretty similar.  The "Doer" side of me which has been ferociously strong all my life, now must turn all its passion, imagination, prana, will into simply Healing and being.  As more time goes by, I'm finding little threads of myself that had gotten lost in the shuffle of life. 

I will hear about my blood counts soon.  Feel like I'm on the home stretch now.  Just have to get through this week and by Sat. the chemo is done and I'll be going into other forms of treatment (which will include other forms of chemo, some oral).

I love you all.

Heidi

4 comments:

  1. We love you! Keep your chin up, cousin - Vu sounds like a great guy. May all the angels you need gather now to pull you through to Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a "shuffle" you have had! You have turned it into a dance of self exploration. How would you describe your dance today? Hip Hop? Tango? Mashed Potatoes? Sending massive doses of love to you, my Soul Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi! You are going the road of the inward journey, going places most of us do not have the courage to visit, and none of us will ever see. May you have healing on every level - body mind and spirit! God bless you, Elma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Heidi,
    I wanted you to know that the Western Mass satsang is pulling for you :) We had a car full of people on the way back from Mirabai's Harvard darshan & my suggestion that we chant for your health & well-being was met by a chorus of enthusiastic YESes. We all joined in a mala of the Maha Mrityunjaya. It was very focussed & also great fun. Keep up the Wonderful attitude! May Grace surround, inspire & protect you.
    Love, Fran in CT
    PS — starting today I'm adding a Hanuman Chalisa to my prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete