Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010

Hi Everyone!  I was discharged yesterday (as I currently understand it, only for a week).  Then  go back in for the next phase of Chemo.   Stayed the night with Peter and will be going back to Oceanside this afternoon.  Feels a little strange being out of the hospital with pretty much the same symptoms as when in the hosp., but without the security blanket of the nurses.  My goals for this week: somehow get the nausea to subside!  Start walking a little each day (spent almost 3 1/2 weeks mostly sleeping, and the muscles seemed to turn into jello).

I see my oncologist this Wednesday at 9:40 a.m. and will be hearing "HEIDI, YOU ARE IN REMISSION!"   (This is my visualization and affirmation.  I know I'll here those magical words.)

Woke up this morning reflecting again on Leukemia and me and how the two of us got pushed together in the same cable car of life.  I think I needed to be more on the feeling level than the thinking level, so I became still, and tears began to flow.  I realized that for the most part during the time I had first heard about Leukemia a month ago, til now, I haven't really touched way down into my feelings...  Today I felt a little grief over everything, but it was short-lived -- like a bubble that comes up, shows you your reflection and then pops into thin air.

Thank you all for your love and prayers. 

6 comments:

  1. Welcome Home, Heidi-ji! Reading your messages are a blessing. I'm glad you are open enough to feel the grief and realize some healing release. You sweet soul. Grace be with you, Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visualizing that same visit, Heidi... ; - )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hon. Glad you're home now. This will be good. Your two goals are perfect and quite sufficient! I've had a viral bug that I can't quite shake, Antoinette also. It's really going around. I'm hoping to make contact with you via phone today. (Antoinette and I contributed $300 to you last week.) I also have some slippers but don't know how to get them to you!!! Much love....B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Home, Heidi!
    I guess knowing that a return to the hospital is planned, this visit to the home must be precious moment. Please let us know what you need while at home. Do you have someone to check in on you daily? Feel free to call anytime for anything.
    Healing energy sent your way,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy you are home, if only for a week, slowly slowly, as you dance with this strange partner, I will contribute my own wish, that this dances new mission is called remission, another step into the unknown where you find firm ground. sending lots of love, Jory

    ReplyDelete
  6. I donated blood today, Heidi. Just in case you need a refill. So I tried to organize all the healthiest blood cells, and line them up in my arm, so they would be first to get through the needle and into the pouch. And I ordered each of them to prepare to lend the best strength they can offer, and to be very cooperative with your blood cells. "NO drama. It's for Heidi. Get the job done!" By the way, if you do get a transfusion, and if you later feel a bit fussy, become obsessive, or get a hankerin for Lebanese food . . . that would be my blood cells getting in your brain. Pardon the confusion.
    Hugs! David

    ReplyDelete