Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hi Everyone,

Got  my last dose of chemo yesterday (until the next phase of treatment picks up in about a week)....slept, or was in a half way sleep state, a good portion of the day admist some wonderful friends visiting, giving healing love, and the sweetest nuturing.  After 3 weeks of being unable to touch another person (without gloves), it felt good to feel the good 'ol physical energy of caring, skin to skin.

I'm supposed to be released today and take the next week getting my strength for round two which is another stay of 3 weeks in the hospital!  It was a shock to learn that.  The doctor admitted that the treatment for leukemia is the most rugged of them all!..  I don't think this is because of any setback for me, but just the protocol they follow since they'll be doing chemo in my spinal column.  Just wonder why I'm finding out about it now rather than a few weeks ago when the treatment plan was explained to me (I thought) in detail.  I will ask questions this morning!

Once this latest round of chemo wears off in a couplf of days I'll start feeling better.  Yesterday could feel my strength come back, and my appetite....felt good to be moving toward a more positive shift in my condition.  It's truly, truly a "take it one day at a time" situation.  Spiritually, I've never been able to really "stay" in the present moment like I've been doing in the hospital.  Really good practice! 

I will get through this!  One day not too far from now I will back on how the God, through the hands of western medicine, brought me back from the brink. I'll be taking my trips to the local Trader Joe's, going to movies, walking in nature.  And I'll never forget how my friends and family were encircled around me, solid and true and unwavering.  I can now speak from experience how love can pull you through the most difficult circumstances.

When you're outside today, take in a big gulp of fresh air for me.  Oh how I miss it!

xxxoooo Heidi

2 comments:

  1. Heidi,

    BIG gulps of clear mountain air (with golden and fiery hues of our Fall leaves) coming to you from us! Why not add Desert Hot Springs to your "one day, not too far from now."

    You WIll get through this one for sure. Just this morning I was reading a beautiful and eternally true Rumi verse.

    "you already have the precious mixture that will make you well. Use it."

    And you are using it....like a reed bending compliantly in the storm, with humility and invincible strength.

    I love you, my soul sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albeit that there are still trials to overcome, that is GREAT news, Heidi-ji.
    Sending Light & Love for your continued improvement.
    ♥ Timananda ♥

    ReplyDelete