Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday, December 18

Hi Everyone,

This past week has brought some clarity about my healing journey.  It's no small matter to shut down the blood-making factory in the body (the bone marrow) which is what happened when I was in the hospital recently.  It is stripped down to the foundation and the doctors wait to see how/when/if the body begins to create more cancer-free blood.  In my case, I was fortunate that that process began to happen fairly soon and I was released a week or so early from the hospital. 

I hadn't fully acknowledged how drastic this "factory shutdown", albeit temporary, is and how to factor it in to the whole Leukemia healing process.  I had expected to bounce back quicker after the hospital but found most days all I could do was sleep and get a little food down.  So my oncologist's wonderful nurse, Irna, and I had a very helpful talk yesterday.  Irna is undoubtedly one of the kindest nurses I've ever met, with the most loving bedside manner who also has a broad knowledge about Leukemia.  She's been working with leukemia patients for many years.  She told me that it often takes at least a month to start feeling your oats again after treatment, sometimes longer.

This may seem like a small matter, but Irna explained how it is very common to have difficulty during the treatment stage I'm in.  Reaching remission is incredible!  With Leukemia, however, the treatment goes on for months after remission is reached.  There's a natural tendency to expect to be at the "finish line" sooner, once remission is achieved.  Alot of patience is required now.

Perspective, humor, inspiration, friends, -- these are so vital.  I go into this week's treatment with renewed commitment to immerse myself in the Light, to stay connected to my deeper dimensions and to give and receive LOVE to the best of my ability.

Love, Love, Love to all of you!  AND HAPPY LAST MIN. XMAS SHOPPING....

Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Namasté, Heidi-ji

    you sound quite upbeat and determined to stay that way. I'm overjoyed.
    one thing good for the body, when it is depleted like that, is Stinging Nettle. It is chockful of minerals to build you back to health.

    *hugz*
    Timananda

    ReplyDelete