Friday, December 10, 2010

Dearest ones,

Yesterday was spent in absolute oblivion, knocked out by one drug or another -- to manage the pain, nauseau, etc.  I think I literally slept about 24 hours.  They say that healing takes place on the subconscious level, when we are resting in the soul so hopefully I got a good strong dose of it.  They took another bone marrow biopsy yesterday.  This will be a significant one and will tell if the cancer has gone into remission.  I was proud of myself.  The first one I had a few weeks ago I was very expression (when the drill went into my bone  grinding in like a corkskrew).  But yesterday I was prepared for the drilling and sucking of marrow and was quite (for the most part) like a little kitten.  Pain is relative.  When all you feel (mostly) is pain, you get ennured to it somewhat.  How how I long for a foot rub -- to offset so many unpleasant sensations!

Nauseau is another matter!  Making friends with nauseau has eluded me so far.  I've tried every nauseau medication they have, to no avail.  Then I asked the doctor about medical marijuana and it turns out they have a pill call merinal that is a derivitive of the main ingredient in marijuana that helps with nausea.  My nausea went away!  But a definite whooozy, altered state came over me that I hadn't felt since I was 17.  I wasn't sure what would come out of my mouth.  I would say something to the nurses (God knows what!) and they would giggle.   All in all it was pleasant!

I think they're still thinking of releasing me this sunday.  As soon as I'm well enough I'll go wig shopping and either go for some simple "do' or something quite different just for fun.

My biopsy results don't come for another week.  My treatment seems to be entering a new phase (next week).  I'll find out more and let you know.

Love to each of you,

Heidi

6 comments:

  1. Heidicita, I am ready for wig shopping and exploring fun looks ...Carmine red...I am exited you are going home sooner...count with me ... Not just to be your wig fasionista...but limo service, scenic tour guide. Marijuana pastry chef and above all...loving provider. I am will all fat Pedro (his words) waiting for good new of Kaidicita.... Both thinking of youXXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drilling and sucking the bone!!!!????? Oh! My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I am so happy to hear that you may be released this Sunday. I see you gulping the ocean air gratefully. I love Ana Maria's post! Wish I could join you all in exploring fun looks...Caressable Carmine red, boldly, bustily blonde, barefoot dancing brunette, and everything in between! You can have it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cerulean blue hair, definitely ;-) Not since 17, huh? Well, there's one youthful indescretion that you get to enjoy once more - so glad to hear that it worked for you. I wish I could be there to give you a foot massage - I've been told I'm pretty good at them. We are coming down to LA between the 26th and 30th and I would love to come down and see you if possible - and yes, give you a foot rub!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "foot rub"
    it's on my list and I have a delightful oil for the anointing.
    Om Satchidanandayai Namaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleeping Beauty! I'm glad you had a nice lovely sleep, and a good dose of pot. This really is a return to the teen age years!?!? Everyone in the hospital can benefit from something that makes nausea go away, makes you laugh hysterically and want to eat pizza.

    May you be fully recovered in body, mind, and spirit. xoxo Elma

    ReplyDelete
  6. So now you're "trippin' out", are you? A far better place than nausea and pain. Perhaps it allowed some psychedelic adventure to a healing place. We'll be looking forward to your release, whether Sunday or otherwise. Pete is keeping us informed of the need for blood to refresh your body. I'll try to get in there on Monday morning to donate. How cool that a little bit of several friends will be co-mingling in you!
    Blessings,
    David

    ReplyDelete