Thursday, January 27, 2011

Request for Blood Donations

Hi sweet friends and well-wishers!

I am always so touched by your comments about my blog entries....this last batch was especially fun and heart-warming to read.  Yes to writing a book!  I almost signed up for an online mentoring process to help first time writers get their books out in one year.  Am not 100% sure that I'm up to the energy output at this time, but that day WILL come.  I'm touched by your encouragement! 

I'm beginning to see just a crack of light at the end of the tunnel of my hospital treatment.  The doctor told me yesterday that the next phase (beginning in June) will be so much easier on me.  June is really not that far away.  This third course of chemo is well under way and then I'm on a fast track toward the end...countdown just 3 quick little months ....  and then so much more of my life comes back. 

There are several significant factors in my favor toward my remaining in a full long-term remission -- I caught the Leukemia so soon, got into a remission after the first chemo treatment, and have the best proven care.  I'm surrounded by so much love and light.  You can tell I'm feeling upbeat today.  One of you wrote "Screw welcoming the pain.  Welcome the wellness!"  Thank you for the reminder.  It gets tricky when there is so much discomfort....  Easy to forget at times to focus on the glimmers of hope and well-being.

This week is a blur.  I slept nearly 72 hours off and on (mostly on).  Yesterday I couldn't interact at all with the 3rd dimension.  People came and went into and out of my room...  I could squeeze a hand or two to let them know I knew they were there, but I was out of it, more so than at any other time since beginning my treatment.  There was nothing to do but surrender, to let go and to trust that life would come back, as it did this morning.  It is a strange experience indeed when there is absolutely nothing you (or the doctors) can do to stir the life force sufficiently.  It has its own miraculous time-line. 

I go through this chemo cycle for the next 2 weeks.  It's a very intense cycle.  If all goes well, however, I will get a "day pass" this weekend on Sat. and Sunday and can take a drive & perhaps, if I have an appetite, get something to eat when I'm out.  I've developed a "conditioned" response to the hospital food -- even the smell of the trays in the hallway makes me gag.  I'm told this is not unusual for chemo patients.  There is nothing on the hospital menu that appeals to me.  No doubt more pounds will be dropping off.  I haven't weighed so little since I was in my 30's!

If any of you have the inclination to donate blood to my cause, it would be very much appreciated.  My blood type is A positive, but I believe you can have A negative, A, O positive, etc. and I can still use your blood.  Am anticipating needing more transfusions and it is a great comfort knowing that I'm receiving blood from a known source.  All you have to do is ask them to ear-mark it for Sherry (Heidi) Hall at the Kaiser Permanente hospital in San Diego and they will make sure I get it. 

Much sweet love to all of you.  I feel your support profoundly each day...

Heidi

 

1 comment:

  1. >> just 3 quick little months .... and then so much more of my life comes back. <<

    GREAT !!

    >> I slept nearly 72 hours off and on (mostly on). Yesterday I couldn't interact at all with the 3rd dimension. <<

    sounds more like disconnect from the 4th dimension, Kiddo...

    >> It is a strange experience indeed when there is absolutely nothing you (or the doctors) can do to stir the life force sufficiently. It has its own miraculous time-line. <<

    Sat Nam

    I will pass on the hospital food portion of your "Iliad" and respond that my blood-type is B; not a help to your convalescence, Heidi-ji, sorry.

    Hope that your day pass is "on" and that the scent of a food you had long forgotten you love wafts past your nostrils, enticing you into its tender embrace.
    "Follow dat nose !!!"

    Namasté

    ReplyDelete