Monday, January 3, 2011

Hi Everyone,

All is well, though my blood counts did not respond as well as we hoped to the transfusions yesterday.  Am having another platelet transfusion soon, as I need to get my "blood clotting factor" higher to avoid hemmoraging.   Generally this isn't such a concern for Leukemia, but I got those blood clots a few weeks ago and am on Heprin now (which thins my blood).  It's a bit complicated, so won't bore you with all the details. Am doing well in general, with the expected and unexpected ups and downs...

Tomorrow will probably be moved back to the Chemo unit.  Am hoping to go home by the weekend so I can have at least a few days in my own space before going into the next round.  It's incredible to think that I've been in here since before Thanksgiving and have missed ALL the rain we've had in San Diego....  Looking out my window now I can tell it's cold and crisp.  A few clouds are lit up by the setting sun.  Peter is coming by soon and we'll probably watch more of the 3rd season of the 24 TV series, which, by the way, is incredibly well done and a very exciting season, if you like that sort of thing.  He's making some green vegetables for me for dinner.  I SO miss my veggies!  They have very few here in the hosp.

My hosp. window looks out on the floor where they deliver babies....  So sweet to think of these precious lives coming into the world.  I look up there often to remind myself of the cycle of life and that everything has a purpose and a plan....

3 comments:

  1. Grerat view, Heidi
    both internally and externally....
    holding space for your continued improvement. ♥
    and some sunshine for the rain ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green vegetables and 24 with Peter! He will make you laugh too. Let us know how your veggie date was.

    I know what you mean, there is nothing like the mystery of incarnation to open us up to contemplation of the souls journey.

    Sending you warm sun on your face and lots of ♥♥♥ love.♥♥♥

    PS Doug and I will check out 24...had never heard of it...being outside the box as we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi! You are being reborn anew also!! Being made new from the inside out with new blood and vibrations of healing flowing through your veins. Grace be with you. xoxo Elma

    ReplyDelete