Saturday, September 22, 2012

Surgery Date and Time, and REQUEST FOR PRAYERS

Dear friends and family,

This may be a duplicate for some of you, but wanted to make sure you all received it and could also forward it on to your personal email lists:

I now have the date and time of surgery: Tuesday, September 25 between 7:00-8:30 a.m. It is a fairly short procedure, and "somewhat" routine, but does have risks of infection and bleeding. They will implant the Ommaya reservoir at that time for more effective chemo delivery. The MRI shows NO tumors, and the cranial Nerve does NOT seem to be severed or choked off. But parts of it "are asleep" because of all the trauma to that part of my brain. Healing is slow, if at all, they say, but I count myself in a very good place to eventually get most of my movement back. No one is telling me this from the medical profession as they just don't know, but judging from my progress over the last two weeks, I'm moderately encouraged!

Please bathe me and my beautiful brain and entire body with golden, white light, and all the doctors and technicians, machinery as well,etc. during that time (7-8:30 a.m. -- and as often during the day as you think of it), visualizing the reservoir going in perfectly and being accepted perfectly, with comfort and grace! Thank you!

I shall be in the Kaiser hospital here in San Diego for one night the doctor tells me, til Wed. morning.

Each day these days is a roller coaster for me, but I am making it through remarkably positively. I had a lumbar puncture yesterday with the methotrexate. Once he numbed the area with the shot, which was extremely painful and always has been :) the intrathecal chemo went in like a charm. I realized more than ever yesterday, and my oncologist explained very clearly based on their many years of experience, that the cancer will just eventually return. He wants me on the methotrexate for some months as a maintenance therapy, and so I have other tough decisions coming up -- how far to go with with "palliative" treatment and if/when to shift entirely to cold energy again or other alternative treatments in order to eradicate everything -- and if and how that might be possible. I know certain things work for some people and others not. It's so very individual. I need to be deeply guided by Spirit here. Dr. P said leukemia is one of the more pernicious forms of cancer "to get every cell."

I also have to decide definitely about whether to get the bone marrow transplant, considered the only hope of a real cure.  Have a consult at City of Hope On October 5th.    

In the meantime, I am pleased that I am eradicating most (if not all!) of what's left and beginning to feel better. My facial nerve is coming back oh-so-gradually and am extremely grateful for these little increments of improvement.  I'll take what little (or lot!) I can get. Today I can pronounce the letter "P". I still can't close my mouth when I eat though, which makes chewing still a challenge and limits what I can eat.
 
Will be in touch after the surgery and we'll see where we go from there! 
 
Fully in this fantastic journey of healing and consciousness, with love for each of you.....
 
Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Dear Beloved Heidi, you are in a pool of liquid golden light, wherever you go, the pool of light gets bigger and brighter, permeating every cell of your being, and the entire space that surrounds you, all people in your field and the love of the Divine brings strength, healing, peace, ease and grace to all!!!

    ReplyDelete