Thursday, January 24, 2013

FANCY HOSPITAL COUTURE

Sweet friends,
 
Bio-Cords a-dangling
nerves somewhat jangling
The hour of surgery approaches
 
Pre-op, though long,
Did not eclipse my hopeful song
and hours made way
to a room full of nurses
 
And techs and doctors and cold steel and lights
And needles and drills
my life in hands that were skilled
 
I awoke intact
though pain had me sacked
and hours were slow like a snail
 
My sweet Pete's smiling face
filled post-op room with grace
and thanks that the surgery went well.
 
CT scan will tell
if catheter settled well
This morning when doc comes to reckon
 
Today, will I go home?
That much still not known
Will write more in a bit
 
Stay Tuned!







3 comments:

  1. So glad that part is over for you, dear Heidi, and that you feel well enough to wax poetic. That's our girl! Hope to talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Heidi,

    I am so grateful you took time to post
    Let's celebrate life with a bubbly toast!

    I hope that you get to go home today
    In your next blog, you'll have so much to say.

    I send you my love, lots or hugs and good cheer.
    We're all in God's hand with nothing to fear.


    PS Check my Skype





    ReplyDelete