Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Divine Intercession!

Hi Everyone,

Turns out my right coronary artery was about 80-90% blocked and they put a stent in.  The "before and after" pictures were dramatic.  I realized I've been so focused on the Leukemia this past year, that I've been ignoring or "explaining away" as chemo side effects some classic signs of heart disease, like pretty regular pain under my left arm.  Thank goodness Peter and I were together Friday night and his "sense" was very strong about going to the ER.  I too felt something was very different than I had ever experienced before; was doubled over with chest pain.  Would I have gone to the ER on my own?  Hard question to answer.  I think so.  I feel I averted a major, life-threatening heart attack!

When the doctor recommended an angiogram  I immediately felt a "yes" and truly felt a sense of peace, almost joy (!) waiting for the procedure Monday morning.  10 mins. into it I heard, "We've found a blockage," (due to plague build up) and the stent went in painlessly.  More blood to the heart equals more oxygen, more energy. It should help all around.

I feel like the luckiest person, having caught this.  It's pretty much the main artery into the heart!

On Monday I also heard they only found ONE (!) white blood cell in my spinal fluid and no irregular (cancerr=looking) cells.  I don't think it's been that low since the massive relapse last summer.

So all in all, things are good.  Am focusing now on beginning again to build my immune system and committing to a super heart-healthy diet.

Love to all,

Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Heidi! I rejoice with you! Where are the photos of you in your black fishnet hose and fun new boots?! Miss you! ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete