Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hi Everyone... 

Had quite a difficult week at home this week and ended up going to the ER in the afternoon yesterday (Friday).  Turns out I have an infection and, due to my intense nausea, was dehydrated (unable to drink or eat).  There were other problems too.  Glad to report that after being evaluated and given antiobiotics, saline IV and new anti-nausea medication, I left the hospital feeling sooooo much better.  Amazing what a little relief from pain and discomfort will do!  

Staying over at Peter's this weekend.  We decided to go on a "Pleasure Hunt" today -- doing whatever feels good, nurturing and beautiful.  We may take a drive to the Tijuana Estuary which may be in full bloom -- it's a mind-blowing sight if any of you haven't seen it.  Just gorgeous.  My appetite is (FINALLY) better and I'm looking forward to seeking out some delectible treats today.

May be going back into hospital Monday for my 5th round of chemo.  Now I am really on the home stretch.   That said, each chemo seems to take more out of me and it's harder to feel my strength and lifeforce come back, only to get it knocked down again.  This week I couldn't walk for more than 5-10 steps without collapsing.  All I could do was sleep.  Will see the doctor Monday a.m. and if he deems I am "chemo ready" (strong enough), I will get admitted that day for another 3 weeks of treatment.  After that is done, we face a decision about doing the last chemo treatment which was so very hard on me.  I know I won't be able to do it at the same dose or the same length.  But then THE HOSPITAL PART OF THE TREATMENT IS OVER!!!!!!! 

That should be some time in May/June and I'm planning a big outdoor picnic/potluck to celebrate having made it through the most difficult 1/2 year of my life. Maybe we'll get a firepit on the beach in North County.  Stay tuned because ALL of you are invited.

Peter reminded me this morning of the simplest, yet most profound, way to continue this healing journey I'm on:  "Give yourself over to Source."  May the essence of these words give us strength and comfort, whatever journey we are on...

All my Love,

Heidi

    

3 comments:

  1. dear heidiji,
    sending you big love & continued prayers for your total recovery. i hope the estuary's beauty restores & renews your courageous spirit . . . may you find some unexpected comforts in the days ahead.
    love, fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beloved Sweet Heidi, I am listening to Snatam Kaur at the moment, May the long time sun, shine upon you, all love surround you, and the pure light within in you, guide your way home! Sending you so much love and light, now we are with you every step you take.
    Love,
    Allee

    ReplyDelete
  3. >> Amazing what a little relief from pain and discomfort will do! <<
    too bad you can't bottle that...
    the sense of humor, I mean !!

    a day out in nature sounds like just the thing
    for those who haven't been there:
    http://www.swbg-animals.org/swc/wetlands/whatarewetlands.htm

    as for the last stretch of chemo, I trust that it will be administered in as kind a manner as to ease you through successfully. your doctor sounds like a "right-guy".

    as for the celebration, I will most certainly attend and bring a big bucket of my favorite recipé for everyone and corn for the pit.

    Namasté, Heidi-ji

    ReplyDelete