Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello dear ones,  

This update has been a long time coming.  The last time I was in the hospital -- in January and February -- I went through what can only be described as the dark night.  It hit me on all levels....way down deep to my soul core.  Physically I barely made it through -- I was delirious for several days, didn't know what was up or down, night or day.  The chemo got into my brain (intentionally) which was like a dark, sticky oil seeping into all my neuron pathways and wrecking havoc.  It got to the point where I couldn't recognize myself and it sent shivers through my consciousness.

After that ordeal, I decided that I couldn't continue the rest of the treatment.  It just seemed like the path of death.  I wrote to my oncologist and told him my decision.  (It's not like me to quite something like this.)  That week was an agony as I searched every corner of my soul and prayed my heart out for direction.

Early on the doctors told me that there is "no way" anyone can survive leukemia with just one round of the treatment.  I had finished one round.  Even though I was in an altered state that week, I still opened myself to the beauty around me and began to feel myself choosing life and life choosing me.   That part was wonderful.

The second week I had a meeting with the oncologist and I knew he was going to try to convince to complete the treatment.  But the night before I had a remarkable and sacred experience that clearly indicated that I needed to come back into the hospital.  It came in the form of a dream.....  When I woke up the next morning I felt such deep peace.  All the angst left me -- not that the decision to come back to the incredibly brutal chemo treatment hasn't filled me with angst!  But I knew it was the right thing to do to give myself the best chance of a complete CURE!

So I'm back in the hospital, going into my 3 week of this round.  I have one more week (next) and then will be able to go home for a week or two for a break before doing the next round of 3 weeks.  After that I will talk to my oncologist about my options for the 3rd and last round.  I am not inclined to do that around....at least, not in the same way.  Perhaps he'd be open to modifying it.  This much I'm sure about.  I will not undergo that chemo in the way it was given to me before.

I'll be out of the hospital soon and discharged for good in May.  It's been a long, long journey since Mid-November.  It will take me quite some time to integrate it all, even if that's possible.  I know my life has changed dramatically: releasing old grievances, forgiving betrayals, digging into the deep recesses of grief and letting it all go....these must become a way life -- the way of the peaceful warrior.  My diet will change and I will find so many supportive, healthy, loving, creative way of being with life again, more fully than ever.

Much love to each of you,

Heidi

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie!

    Thank you so much for posting.

    May is just around the corner! We are looking forward to seeing you so much!

    Love and Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beloved Sweet Heidi,
    Om Namah Shivaya sweet one, you are such an amazing human being, spiritual being, and master to lead us all on this journey with you, and always with a smile behind your words, no matter the pain.
    I can feel your spirit so strong, no matter the body and what it suffers.
    I stand along side you my sweet friend, in all ways, supporting you, lifting you silently in wings of love,
    Allee

    ReplyDelete
  3. namasté, Heidi-ji

    I wondered at your prolonged silence and, despite the phantasmagoria of the chemo-induced dreams, it is good to hear that you are resolved to take this to a satisfactory conclusion (i.e., complete healing). I will just have to trust (as do you) that the oncologist and your physician are not subjecting you to more treatments and harsher treatments than you actually need to have.

    On a lighter note, mid-May is my birthday and, if you are feeling up for it, I'd like to invite you and your beau; albeit that it is a long haul up to LB and back.

    ♥ Love, Light & Blessings ♥

    ReplyDelete