Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hello Everyone,

A night like last night was bound to happen.  Two types of chemo, as much as I visualize them as the elixir of the gods, is still chemo!  The pain and nausea got away from me and it took most of the night to turn it around.  By 4 a.m. I went into a deep, painless sleep (God bless pain killers!) and opened my eyes to the first glint of  golden clouds around 7 a.m.  The nurses tell me I am fortunate to have this view.  Other rooms here look out at the hospital building.  Very desultory!

My platelet count was under 10,000 so they needed to begin with a transfusion right away.  Bleeding can start around that number.  I was at 9K this a.m.  Very good exercise of faith to be laying in the bed, with a bad headache, waiting for the platelets to arrive and wondering if bleeding is occuring.   It is absolutely amazing to feel so at the mercy of life and to entrust myself into Its loving arms.  What else can I do?   Perhaps one day I will be able to look back on this experience and count myself as extremely fortunate to have had my inner mettle tested (and hopefully strengthened) through an ordeal like this.  The treatment for Leukemia is particularly arduous, according to the oncologist.  Their aim is to completely wipe out all bone marrow...and then, in the 4th week, rebuild it.  If all goes well, I would be in remission at that point.  Then follows a two year chemo program, chemo injections into my spine, etc. etc.  Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to being out of the hospital and into that phase!

I am blessed to have such positive energy around me and to know people with true healing gifts.  This experience, however, is ultimately a solo one.   While I can hold the hands of my loved ones and open to their healing, it is the inner healer, the inner hero in me, that is my greatest ally.

Well, enough about illness!!!!!  The golden clouds have given way to a deep blue sky.  I long to breathe in the prana....

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Heidi.
    We're inspired by your writing. I knew you were an artist, but your writing is wonderful art also. So glad to know you have a room with a view. Research shows a view of nature actually allows faster healing than views of buildings. I hope to be able to come visit today with Pete, if you are feeling well enough.
    Sunday Morning Hug to You,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namasté, Heidi-ji.
    I'm heartened to see these words and to know that you are present with your condition.
    We're all out here "pulling for you" (entreating the sankalpa of the universe).
    love, light & blessings,
    Timananda

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dearest Heidi,
    I have been holding you in my mind and heart.
    I visualize you making your beautiful art! You are such an artist - you create all the time no matter what! Your words are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your journey with us in this way! (Seems like this is the beginning of a book that you can finish soon - when you are 100% in perfect health)
    You are loved by so many...in the toughest times (like at 2AM) I hope you can feel our love wrapped around you.
    With much love and blessings,
    Linda M

    ReplyDelete