Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday, November 26 -- One week in the hospital!

Dear Family and Friends,  This is my first post!  Couldn't sleep and was eager to begin connecting with all of you.  For those of you who don't know, I got some great news the day before yesterday:

1) I do not have the Philadelphia Chromosome, which many people with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia have and which makes the disease more difficult to cure over the long term.  I consider it one of many more miracles to come on the road to recovery.

2)  My oncologist told me that I responded extremely well to the first chemo treatments earlier in the week which brought my White Blood Count down to zero with RECORD speed -- a day!  Often it takes 4 or 5. 

I attribute all this to my welcoming attitude. From the beginning I have been welcoming everything about this cancer journey.  When the chemo comes, I open to it, see the Divine in it, and instruct my cells (healthy and unhealthy alike) to drink it in fully.  I lay in my bed visualizing the beautiful verdent green regenerative life force always at the ready to begin the rebuilding process when it is time.  I do have my moments of difficulty....but by and large I try quickly to turn them around when I catch myself worrying or fearful.  I am surrounded by my most beautiful, valiant and loving family and friends.  They are pulling me through!

First week is now behind me.  This next week, I believe, will include saying goodbye to my hair.  I cut it off to shoulder length yesterday and was surprised how unattached I was.  I'll probably trim it more in a day or two.

Whenever the "Why" question enters my consciousness (Why me?, Why now?) well, I just throw it out.  Does me no good.  Someday I hope to understand the deeper lessons of this journey.  For now, am focused only on healing, love and everything positive -- to the best of my ability!  Marshalling all my resources toward that goal!

Love to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic to hear not only the medical results, but your emotional/spiritual one as well. You sound like the ideal patient, I must say - with your gorgeous visualization! Seems like you've been called on a "Hero's Journey" and one part of that journey, I know, is putting something precious behind you - your gorgeous hair, I guess! I look forward to more updates whenever! Love, al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Dear One! I am so thankful for you, for my family and friends, especially my Goddess Girlfriends. And thank you for the inspirational post about your progress so far. I will get the blessed water to you as soon as I can. Could you send me the address of the hospital where you are? Thanks! Love you
    xx' oo's Kimberly Tarini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi--Just know that we are with you as you progress step by step through this difficult,deepening, and astonishing
    time which must call on all your trust and resiliency to welcome with such courage
    each and every day.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete