Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday, July 23, 2012 - Peter on behalf of Heidi


Hi all--Heidi thankfully came home from the hospital yesterday. She is feeling and doing a little better at home. She is on hospice through Kaiser and right now is not in appreciable pain and is not nearly as nauseous as she had been. Her appetite is pretty good this past 24 hrs which is wonderful to see...And, she still is quite weak and needs someone with her at all times.
 
She is not receiving at this time any chemotherapy by her choice. We were told it would only be palliative and might even cause her additional discomfort or worse. She is receiving energy healing from a woman who treats cancer patients with some success.
 
She, and we, are focussing this whole week on her resting. So at the doctor's and the healer's advice, we're asking that she not be called this week nor visited..
 
Since she needs 24 care now and we don't know if that will change in the forseeable future, I am asking for volunteers to be with her on a rotating schedule...a few hours here and there will help her and us...And we will be hiring some folks I am sure fairly soon..So if you have any ideas about responsible, caring people and/or agencies please let me know. She has an extra bedroom and so someone might be able to stay for free as partial payment for helping her.
 
Your love, prayers, kind thoughts for Heidi are deeply deeply appreciated. More than I can say in fact.

-Peter

3 comments:

  1. I am sending love, whispers from the angels bringing light and ease to our beloved girl.
    Tell her she is loved beyond imagination, she is held in the grace of that love, and there is so much light around at this time.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, I knew Heidi for many years when we were both at Mt. Washington. We haven't kept in touch, but I have followed and posted comments on this blog a few times during the past year. I'm close friends with Julie Nagesh and know Bonnie, Cynthia and Darcy. I'm in L.A., but could come to San Diego Friday, Aug. 10, and help as much as needed Friday afternoon through Sunday, Aug. 12. However, I would need a place to stay. Please contact me at etrevar@gmail.com, if you would like to discuss further. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. -- Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, please consider my offer to help out with periods of relief time and/or an occasional overnight stay. I think I can handle the transfer issues. You are in our hearts and minds - love and Angel blessings.

    ReplyDelete